- Loughborough office
01509 268 931
Julie Brown, as a Notary Public, is able to provide or authenticate documents on behalf of individuals and businesses, including verifying signatures and documents so that they can be considered legally acceptable in countries outside England and Wales.
Additional services offered include Notarisation, Legalisation and affixing of Apostille certificates where necessary.
Julie can provide certified copies and notarised documents for use overseas including:
- Adoption related documents
- Applications for citizenship
- Apostilles and Legalisation
- Authentication of identity and signatures
- Change of name documentation and Deed Polls
- Copies of identification for financial purposes
- Documentation for permission to travel
- Qualification certificates
- Declarations of marital status
- Powers of attorney
- Preparation of documents for individuals visiting the UK
- Affidavits, Oaths and Declarations made before a Notary Public (eg. in relation to lost passports/certificates)
Charges: If the matter is simple I will endeavour to charge a fixed fee to include disbursements such as legalisation fees, postage, consular agent fees, courier fees, travelling expenses, translating costs and so on. I do not charge VAT.
For more complicated or time-consuming matters the fee will be based on my hourly rate of £200.00 subject to a minimum fee of £100, plus disbursements. The fee charged may include time spent on preliminary advice, drafting and preparation time, making and receiving telephone calls, correspondence written and received in all formats, arranging legalisation and record keeping.
Disbursements: Some documents require legalisation before they will be accepted for use in the receiving jurisdiction by obtaining an apostille through the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and, for some countries, additional legalisation is required through the relevant embassy or consulate