- Loughborough office
01509 268 931
Buying and Selling a Business
Whether you are buying or selling a business our experienced and knowledgeable Company and Commercial Property Department can advise you on all aspects of this complex area including:
- Confidentiality and exclusivity
- Whether the transaction should be a share sale or asset sale
- Stage payments, deferred payments and earn-outs
- Preparation and negotiation of heads of terms
- Carrying out of legal due diligence
- Transfer of business premises
- Liability for employees and the application of the TUPE rules which protect employees rights on the transfer of a business
- Preparation and negotiation of the sale agreement
- Liability under warranties and indemnities
At the outset of any transaction we would like to meet with you at the earliest possible opportunity so that we can best understand your specific needs and requirements. Once we have clearly understood these, we can give you an indication of the likely timeframes and expense involved. We have many years of experience in buying and selling businesses and will be able to give you a realistic estimate of both of these at the beginning of your transaction.
Every transaction is unique and from experience we have found that early, fast and pragmatic legal and other professional advice is key to avoid the many traps and pitfalls in this area and achieve a successful outcome for you.