- Loughborough office
01509 268 931
Debt Recovery (Up to £50,000) - Our fees & services
Debt Recovery Undisputed.
This work is undertaken by our debt recovery team as set out to the right of this screen
All debt recovery team members are supervised by Kay Hewitt who is a solicitor.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Our Fee (Inc VAT at 20%)
Up to £5000
£35.00 to £205.00
£635.00 to £805.00
£5001 - £10,000
£10,001 - £50,000
5% value of the claim
£2600 to £4600
For an exact court fee please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fees-in-the-civil-and-family-courts-main-fees-ex50
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
• The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
• Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
• The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
The above fees include:
- Taking your instructions, reviewing the documentation and advising you about your claim.
- Sending a letter of claim (before action – pre-action protocol letter).
- Drafting and issuing a claim form (including Particulars of Claim/Statements of Case) in court
- Where no acknowledgment of service or defence is received, applying to the court to enter judgement in default
- On receipt of judgment in default, writing to the other side and demanding payment on your behalf
- If payment is not received, providing you with advice on next steps and the likely cost of those steps
The above fees do not include:
- Disbursements. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties e.g court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process and they should be the same at all firms if they are just charging you what they are beingcharged. Disbursements may also include:
- Barrister fees
- Accountant fees
- Instructions of high court enforcement officers
Where work is undertaken on a time spent basis, our charging rates are as follows :-
Kay Hewitt £190.00 per hour (plus vat at 20% (£38) (Total £228)
Javenpreet Kooner £170.00 per hour (plus vat at 20% per hour (£34) (Total £204)
Amy Tivey £125.00 per hour plus vat at 20% per hour (£25) (Total £150)
Matters usually take 10-14 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.