- Loughborough office
01509 268 931
Civil Litigation Paralegal
Holidays: 33 days holiday inclusive of bank and other public holidays
Salary: Up to £20,500 pa dependent on experience.
Location: Loughborough (we have a flexible working policy in place).
Contract: Full time/ Permanent
Straw and Pearce is a well-established firm. It is a highly skilled, full-service firm based in the heart of Loughborough. We are modern, progressive law firm. We’re driven by new ideas; excited by new approaches; and also refreshingly down-to-earth. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. We have progression opportunities across the firm.
As a litigation paralegal, you will be assisting and supporting senior members of the litigation team on a varied case load which includes anything from property disputes, contentious probate, and debt recovery through to a whole range of commercial litigation, with a view to progressing your own case load.
You will have hands on support from our experienced litigators and will benefit greatly from the combined knowledge and experience of the firm’s litigation team. You will be a key member of the expanding litigation department and will have a positive impact on the firm’s already excellent growth and reputation.
Whilst we offer flexible working, this role will be office based.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Handling Client Instructions
- Managing Pre-Action Disputes and progressing Civil Court Proceedings (both claimant and defendant actions)
- Draft correspondence and providing advice to clients (subject to close supervision)
- Assisting solicitors with preparing trial bundles
- On complex and/or high value cases, you will work within a team, assisting with specific tasks (e.g. document reviews, preparation of court documents, etc.).
- Matter management and client reporting
Skills & Experience
- A degree qualification is essential and a law degree desirable.
- Legal assistant/Paralegal experience within commercial litigation is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent client engagement and IT skills are also required.
The work undertaken by the successful candidate will qualify as ‘Qualifying Work Experience’ for the purposes of qualifying as a solicitor. Study leave will be provided for the sitting of the SQE exams.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Ms Emma Newton, HR Manager: email@example.com